Re: Franklin Quote

ke5fdz - Bill Sauer

Greg,
I disagree, there is only one SATERN organization and it is not affiliated with the Salvation Army.  Had the Salvation Army seen value in SATERN as it was previously organized they would have done something to protect that organization.  However, they didn't but rather have the best of two worlds, they are officially detached from an organization they could not manage and knew nothing about, besides the politics of power, and they still have a reliable network of radio amateurs to call on if and when needed and they decide to utilize them.  To date I have not seen anything from the Army about their plans to launch their own group of amateurs, though I readily admit I am not intimately connected with them as you and Noel seem to be.  Don't get me wrong, the Salvation Army does a lot of good things and a lot of good programs, amateur radio just isn't one of them.  I hate to see anyone leave the group, but Godspeed to you, Noel, and anyone else who chooses to leave SATERN.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 6:21 AM Greg - WB5GM <greg@...> wrote:
It seems we now have two organizations "competing" under the name SATERN.  I prefer to keep my association with the Salvation Army.

I agree with Noel and I'm out as well.

73, Greg - WB5GM

--
v/r