Backup Power

Rob Erikson (KG4OPX) <rperikson1@...>

Hi All,

I changed the email title to Backup Power.   This is a great  topic.

Last weekend we lost power for about 26 hours. I have ventless propane logs, but I did not run them for the entire power outage. Propane is awfully expensive, and I did not want to empty my tank.  Logs use the fuel up extremely quick. For the most part I used my Yamaha 7200DE gasoline generator to keep the refrigerator, space heaters and coffee machine running.  I used an old extremely heavy Yamaha 1Kw generator for my radios, PC, and cable modem.

I never run out of gasoline. For backup truck always has 26 gallons of fresh gas.

Of course, it is important to keep generators outside and away from open windows as well as regular maintenance. It is time to change the oil.

73,

Rob

P.S. I give God thanks for the resources He provides.