Event: WMNI SATERN NET #cal-invite

Rob Erikson (KG4OPX) <rperikson1@...>

Hello All,

I was excited about seeing this email until I checked in. I tried to check in with my DMR Hotspot that uses the N5BOC(Texas Ham)  MMDVM duplex board.

This is not a DMR net. I felt like an idiot when I asked what frequency was the digital traffic going to be sent over. I assumed it was going to be sent over HF.

It is a local 2M NET which ties together local repeaters, AllStar Node(s), Echolink node(s), and a DMR talk group setup through the BrandMiester system. (Being an IT professional I am familiar with all of these modes and digital protocols).

FLDIGI is used to send the traffic through Echolink.

With that I apologize to the NET NCS.

Rob – KG4OPX

Guilford County AUXCOMM

NC State AUXCOMM

SHARES – NNB4RE

P.S.  In NC I encourage my Guilford County AUXCOMM members to utilize VARA FM for local digital traffic.

From: main@SATERN20.groups.io <main@SATERN20.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Jackson (WX8ASH)
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@SATERN20.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SATERN20] Event: WMNI SATERN NET #cal-invite

Hello, Lee!  What's the Repeater Name (ID), RX/TX frequency, Color Code and Time Slot of the upcoming weekly SATERN DMR Nets?

Tnx....Howard,

From: main@SATERN20.groups.io <main@SATERN20.groups.io> on behalf of main@SATERN20.groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@SATERN20.groups.io <main@SATERN20.groups.io>
Subject: [SATERN20] Event: WMNI SATERN NET #cal-invite

WMNI SATERN NET

When:
Thursday, 18 February 2021
18:30 to 19:30
(UTC-05:00) America/New York
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Organizer: Dick N8NIF

Description:

DMR brandmeister 31269, echolink K8SN-R node 3925 and W8LRC-R node87878. 6:30 pm eastern time. All welcome

I would ask that one of the WMNI Satern folks respond to you, Robert... But please do not feel like an idiot. It was a regional SATERN net & they use many modes to 'talk in'. After the voice net is done, they DO a digital traffic net, I believe, using fldigi.. Not sure of the frequencies, either. Anyone from WMNI can answer this?

Thanks & 73 de WA5LEE

Richard Seeley

Good morning, it was great to have you join us last night Robert, please do not hesitate to check in again, all are welcome. The frequency for the K8SN repeater is 442.175. The frequency for the W8LRC repeater is 145.270. Lee is correct about the FLDigi session using computer and android pads to follow the analog portion. We usually start with ft63 2000 L, and also utilize Olivia. It will NOT be heard over the DMR system but can be via EchoLink. This is an open net and we do get check ins from all over the globe. PLEASE check in again! Same time, same place.

Dick Seeley
N8NIF

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:23 AM, WA5LEE - Lee - Net Manager via groups.io <leemanpa@...> wrote:

I would ask that one of the WMNI Satern folks respond to you, Robert... But please do not feel like an idiot. It was a regional SATERN net & they use many modes to 'talk in'. After the voice net is done, they DO a digital traffic net, I believe, using fldigi.. Not sure of the frequencies, either. Anyone from WMNI can answer this?

Thanks & 73 de WA5LEE

Bob 6

I too missed meeting.
My wife, a cancer patient, needed my TLC...
Bob
Ki6mgk